Volunteers in Mission Office
Phil Bandy is Interim Director of CA-NV United Methodist Volunteers In Mission program, as well as staff liaison for the CA-NV UMVIM Board and CA-NV Disaster Preparedness/Emergency Response Teams. He also supports the programs within the Conference for the various other volunteer mission programs including Global Justice Volunteers, INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEERS, N.O.M.A.D.S. (Nomads On a Mission Active in Divine Service), Primetimers, Ubuntu eXplorer Journeys, and UMF/HCV (UNITED METHODIST FELLOWSHIP OF HEALTH CARE VOLUNTEERS).
His passion is "creating opportunities that join the world's great needs with humanity's hunger to make a difference." Phil provides 1) training for mission team leaders; 2) giving presentations and sermons; 3) overseeing the UMVIM and other UMC mission programs; 4) UMVIM website with current team schedules, events, and articles; 5) assessing UMVIM sites; 6) developing new mission initiatives for CA-NV UMVIM.
Phil assists local churches by:
· Training VIM team leaders
· Speaking engagements
· Consulting about UMVIM and other UMC mission opportunities
· Connecting church UMVIM teams with UM missionaries
Eddie Frutchey assists Conference Churches by:
· Coordinating the processing of all Cal-Nev Conference background checks through the Department of Justice for UMVIM, Youth & Camping and Church Volunteers.
· Designing UMVIM bulletins, flyers, posters, website articles and other informational materials to promote UMVIM opportunities
· Maintaining and updating the newly developed Cal-Nev Conference UMVIM Volunteers Database
· Assisting team leaders and team members as they form their teams
· Connecting those seeking more information to current UMVIM opportunities
· Instructing teams on how to fill out the required forms and make necessary payments for GBGM accident insurance, UMVIM registration, etc.
· Providing information about previous service locations, volunteer experiences, and travel agency options
· Staying in connection with past team leaders and members to plan and encourage future involvement
· Coordinating meeting arrangements for the UMVIM Board and Angola Partnership committees
Mailing address: P.O. Box 980250, West Sacramento, CA 95798
Physical Address: 1276 Halyard Drive, West Sacramento, CA 95691